February 27, 2010

You're Still the One

We celebrated our 8th Anniversary on February 23rd.  Not much fanfare this time around, but we couldn't be happier!  The last eight years have taken us on quite a journey that the two kids below never could have imagined.  Funny how we thought we were grown-ups then.  Although I can't believe we have been married this long, I did feel my age as I scanned my wedding pictures for this post.  Hard to believe our wedding was before digital photos were standard.

We hadn't planned on doing anything special to celebrate, but we got a great surprise last week.  Jace won Bob Rohrman Honda Manager of the Year!  He has deserved this for a long time and it was so great to see him recognized for all of his hard work.  He takes such pride in his job and I am so proud of the MAN that I married.  So, his reward...a trip to HAWAII!  We are planning a May trip to Maui...just the two of us.  I'm so excited to have a romantic vacation, but it has been really difficult to imagine leaving Greta.  I haven't spent a night away from her yet, so it will be a shock to this Mama.  But I know that we deserve this and need to get away by ourselves.  But when we get back...I'm on a straight path to Greta-town and you better not get in my way!!!

 
 

1 comment:

Joni said...

awe! I'm so glad you guys chose the trip!! You will have fun once you stop crying each morning :-) I say plenty of wine... well maybe not. just enjoy the views :-) and the sun, and the warmth, and the time away from work, and oh I'm so jealous!!