September 13, 2009

NICU Reunion

Today was the Clarian Arnett NICU Reunion at Columbian Park.  The hospital just opened last October, so this was the first.  Jace and I were hoping to see some of Greta's nurses and give them the thanks that they deserve.  During our hospital stay, we were told many times by the doctors and nurses that Greta and I were very lucky.  The outcome could have been very different.  Never underestimate how well you know your body.  Our trip to the ER was against the doctor's recommendation.  They were sure I was just having false labor. I am so glad we made the decision to go...

We were able to see, Courtney, the nurse practioner who took such great care of Greta.  When Greta was born, she only had an APGAR score of 1 (highest is 10).  She wasn't breathing on her own and was very medicated from all the pain meds I had received.  Courtney did CPR and eventually had to intibate her.  I am so glad that I was unconscious at the time.  I would not have wanted to witness that.  We were very surprised that Courtney remembered this day as much as we do.  She remembered every last detail.  It was great to see her with Greta in much better circumstances.










No comments: