September 01, 2009

What's Her Name?

At almost 8 months, Greta's list of names has really grown. Of course to the outside world, we try to refer to her as "Greta". We tend to get confused looks if a "Pinchy-poo" slips out. But honestly, we tend to call her Pinch/Pinchy/Pinchy-poo more than Greta. And not to mention the other random names that have their time and place.

  1. Greta
  2. Greta Pancetta
  3. Pinch
  4. Pinchy
  5. Pinchy-poo
  6. Pinchy-poo Dunkaroo
  7. Dunkaroo
  8. Dunk
  9. Gerta
  10. Gert
  11. Dirty Gerty (when she needs a bath)
  12. Greta Belle
  13. Honey Honey
  14. Little Miss Party-all-night-long (stole that one from Aunt Nikki)
  15. AngelFace
  16. Grody Greta (when she has a stinky diaper)


And on top of all the silly names are even more silly songs, chants, and raps that are the soundtrack to our life with Greta. I can't seem to do any task without singing an appropriate tune for the occasion. Here are some of our favs:


"She Peed All Night Long" (sung to AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long"). This is often sung in the morning when she has soaked through her diaper.

"Super Stink" (sung to Rick James' "Super Freak"). No explanation needed.

"Greta Caroline" (sung to Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline")

"Jammie Time" (this is an original). This is more of a rap and it goes a little something like this:

Jammie time, jammie time,
Jam-jam-jam-jam-jammie time.
I said a what what?

"Good Morning" (another original). We sing this every morning when we go into Greta's room.

Good Morning, Good Morning
Good Morning Greta Caroline.
Today is a big day just for you!

Good Morning, Good Morning
I love you Greta Caroline.
I love you every day, yes I do!


I'm sure we are building a lifetime of embarassing memories for our little girl. Here's to many more to come :)

1 comment:

Joni said...

I sure hope she doesn't sing some of those songs to her teachers :-) Nice post I had a hard time not laughing out loud at the thought of you "rapping" to your baby. Tell me you aren't showing her any of your incredible dance moves!YIKES