I should know by now that best laid plans with a toddler are great in theory, but seldom happen as you'd like. We picked today to get our Christmas tree. The whole family is home on Wednesday and we wouldn't have to rush the shopping in the evening. As I was getting ready, Jace rushes into our bathroom with a bleeding Greta. All I need to say is enthusiastic dancing...head bobbing...end table. The girl loves to dance and puts her whole body into it. So, as we prepared to leave, Greta soaked up blood from her injured lip and proceeded to rub it all over her face. With all the stress of the injury, her ever-present cheek spot flared up. All I could think about were the photos I had planned for the tree lot. Nonetheless, I snapped pics of my beautiful girl...blemishes and all.
Today happens to be a beautiful snowy day for Christmas tree shopping, but a less than desirable day to drive around town. So, while dealing with overly cautious drivers, traffic, and snow, Greta decided that her lip now really hurts and is screaming the entire way to the tree lot. Jace was ahead of us in a pickup truck and called to say he forgot the tree stand (they drill the trunk right into the stand) and he forgot his gloves. Acting completely out of character, he says he's not going back to the house to get the stand...he'll just buy another one. You know what kind of morning it had to be for Jace to voluntarily spend money on something he already had.
Greta enjoyed the trees, but we picked quick and got the heck out of there. Memories. Here are a few pics of our experience.




No comments:
Post a Comment