November 07, 2010

This Week in Review

For record keeping purposes, I have got to start logging Greta's shenanigans.  This past week:

  • Greta and I were grocery shopping and as soon as we entered the beer aisle, she yelled "Daddy!"
  • She must be observing the little babies at daycare, because she has been requesting that I feed her a "bobble" (her sippy) like a "baby".  It's so sweet, I have to oblige.  I think we both need a little reminder of her baby days.
  • She is starting some phrasing with "Thank you, Mommy" and "Thank you, Daddy".
  • Today she was playing with her Raggedy Ann.  She pulled her legs up (as if to change her diaper) and said "ewwwww, poopy". 
  • She is happiest when we are all in one room, sitting beside each other.  She'll pat on the seat beside her and repeat "Sih, sih, sih" until you oblige.  Once she's got one of us down, she works on the other.  How can you say no?
  • Her favorite toys are her microphone (for some great performances), her dollhouse (which is my Little People dollhouse from 1980), and her blocks.  She also likes to color and play with stickers.
  • She is a little caretaker.  At daycare, her best friend (for now) is 11 months old.  She likes to tend to her.  At home, she likes to tend to all of her baby dolls.
Her latest translations:
  • Paci=Poppy
  • Bottle=Bobble
  • Peach=Peath (my personal fav)
  • House=How
  • Cracker=Crackuh
  • Please=Pleeeeee
  • Dirty Diaper=poo poo
  • Her lady parts=hoo hoo
  • Belly=Bobby
  • Outside=side

No comments: