June 23, 2010

South Haven 2010

We made the annual trip up to South Haven to join Grandma Keever, mom and dad, and the aunts and uncles. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get there the same days as Justin's family, but we had a great time. We were fortunate enough to pick the best days for weather. We had 80 degree sunny days, while the other days were cloudy and cool.

It was so fun to see Greta have a great time on the beach and performing anytime she had an audience. She didn't like being barefoot on the sand at first, but once she got used to it, we couldn't stop her.  She even braved the frigid water.  I didn't want to get my feet in that water, but she sat right in it.  I figured if she was woman enough to do it, I should be too.  By the end of day 2, she was worn out to the core.

We capped out our trip with a delicious meal, courtesy of Dad and Jace.  Dad made his delicious spinach salad (so I've been told) and Jace made his to-die-for baby back ribs.  There wasn't a bite left when we were all done.  We finished the evening with a walk to the harbor to listen to the free concert and a beautiful sunset.  It was a good time for all and we can't wait until next year!


No comments: