For the most part, this blog has been a bulletin board of Greta. It makes sense, she is our greatest accomlishment and our whole-hearted true love. I love nothing more than plastering this blog with her photos and making my pride known....loud and clear. I knew I would love her, but I never expected this much love. Life is truly sweeter with her in it. And more importantly, life has so much more meaning with her in it. It is hard to put into words (as you other parents know), but I humbly thank God every day for giving us the gift of Greta.
I am thankful for not only Greta, but for the family that Jace and I have made together. I am thankful for a mom that remembers that her adult daughter will always be a little girl at heart. I am thankful for a father-in-law that runs out to buy humidifier filters to remedy his grandaughter's chapped cheeks. I am thankful for a sister-in-law who inspires me to think deeper. I am thankful for so many people and so many things. It's easy to be thankful. It's easy to thank God for the good things in our life. The part that I find difficult is trusting in God when prayers go unanswered. It is so hard to let go and realize that God has a plan and often times, that plan is very different from mine.
As I look back at my last 30 years, there are so many things that didn't go my way. But whatever path led me to this point in my life is heaven blessed. With the new year on the horizon, I hope to have more faith that God has a plan for me and my family. I know I will fail many times...those of you who know me know that I have a hard time letting go of the reigns. But I am a work in progress. As a wise woman once said, "I have a long way to go still."
Here's to a wonderful 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment