October 16, 2009

9 Month Check-up

Our little girl is 9 months old!  We saw her doctor today and a routine blood draw to check for anemia and lead exposure proved to be traumatic for all three of us.  It took both Jace and I to hold her down while the nurse tied a turnicate around her teeny tiny arm and stuck a needle in her teeny tiny vein.  Lets just say there was a lot of screaming involved.  Am I painting a pitiful enough picture for you?  Daddy and I really needed a drink after that.  We settled for Wendy's instead.

Even after a few rounds of antibiotics, she still has fluid in her ears. So, her doc recommended that we see an ENT specialist.  So we will be doing that in the near future.  Hopefully we can get her ear issues under control. Here are her current stats:

Weight:  17 pounds (10-25th percentile)

Height: 28 inches (50-75th percentile)

Head: 44.2 cm (50-75th percentile) 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least she is growing into her head! And tell her Aunt Jen says to stop scratching her face!