July 08, 2009

Sweet Potatoes

We have entered the baby food stage and I couldn't be having more fun! I don't know why, but this was one stage that I have been really looking forward to. When I was pregnant, I would often stroll down the baby food aisle and get excited at all the choices. And now, anytime I'm at the store I have a hard time not buying it (even if the pantry is stocked full).

Those little jars bring back memories of my childhood. My mom had saved the empty jars and I used them to "feed" my baby dolls...they also made good firefly catchers. So, this is one simple pleasure that makes me very happy. Jace just shakes his head as I discuss (in detail) her menu...he just smiles and says, "You really love this little girl, don't you." And he couldn't be more right. Even though the formula, diapers, and misc baby goods drain the bank account...they are my favorite things to shop for.

These pics are of her first feeding. She kept looking at me like "do you know what you're doing?" So far, the sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, and pears have been a hit. I can't say the same for the peas...they make her gag. It is so pitiful, but soooo cute.



1 comment:

Cara said...

Don't be surprised when her nose starts to turn orange...both of my kids had a slight orange tint to them for several months! She is so cute! Just want to hug her!!!!